On Fri, Mar 26, 2004 at 02:11:26PM +0100, Heinrich Rebehn wrote:

> I experimented with PHP config options and found out:
>
> make -DWITH_CTYPE -DWITH_OVERLOAD -DWITH_PCRE -DWITH_POSIX
> -DWITH_SESSION -DWITH_TOKENIZER -DWITH_XML -DWITH_ZLIB ==> httpd runs
>
> make -DWITH_CTYPE -DWITH_OVERLOAD -DWITH_PCRE -DWITH_POSIX
> -DWITH_SESSION -DWITH_TOKENIZER -DWITH_XML -DWITH_ZLIB -DWITH_DOMXML ==>
> httpd dumps core

Excellent work.  You should certainly report this to the port's
maintainer.

> So DOMXML seems to be the problem, but why??? What is it good for anyhow?

'DOM' is the Document Object Model:

    http://www.w3.org/DOM/
    http://xml.coverpages.org/dom.html

As the -DWITH_DOMXML flag turns on linking against libxml2, but
-DWITH_XML turns on linking against expat2, I wonder if there could be
an incompatibility between those two libraries.

        Cheers,

        Matthew

                                                      Savill Way