Hy.

I am portuguese newcomer to the world of bsd and have installed FreeBSD 5.2.

In "sysinstall" I have selected the portuguese keymap with accents.
Nevertheless, in the console I can't get the "â" symbol or the "Â" among
others, and I can't get the accents to work correctly: I can get the
accents, but not above the letter (ex: instead of "Ã" I get "~a").

I've read some man pages, namely kdmap, and in the kbd map I am using
(pt.iso.acc.kbd) the euro symbol is set correctly (code 164). What am I
doing wrong? Has anyone has a clue?

I have KDE installed with portuguese language selected. There I have none of
the problems stated above.

TIA
Nuno Almeida