On Mar 28, 2004, at 2:09 PM, Joe Falcone wrote:

With your help your os will
become a alternetive to all operating systems on the
market.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but... a) the goal of FreeBSD isn't to become a marketed product, per se... and b) FreeBSD already IS an alternative to marketed OS's.

If you will make WINE a hidden component in
the operating system and tell everyone about the new
compatability you will make a difference in operating
systems of future computing.

Disturbing...
a) why make Windows out of a system that isn't Windows? If you need it...why not just run it?
b) I don't WANT invisible compatibility. I don't need the virus propagations and hacks for one OS showing up in another one.

I *like* knowing that I can have a virus binary on my system sandboxed tightly in because it *can't* run on my platform. I regularly test some of my mailscanners and AV implementations using files saved on my OS X system.

Make a difference and
change the way operating systems work by taking this
advice of mine and you will have a flawless operating
system of sorts.

Except that it runs Windows stuff. :-p

YOUR OPERATING SYSTEM WILL DO IT ALL

No OS is perfect if it aims to be all things for all people. Focus on the strengths that work best for the OS niche, and you'll have a usable system for that segment...at least that's my philosophy. I've been wrong many times before though :-)

if you make this a special component in the operating
system. We can acomplish! The world needs windows
programs without the "blue screen of death" So do this
and you will be rewarded inside af how you changed the
world!

Then wait for MS to fix their problems. Me, I'm happy with my servers running FreeBSD and Linux and my notebook running OS X and I tolerate the servers the end users use with Win2k :-/