ls,

I am building the cvs version of freebsd on a openbrick machine. My present installation is a 5.0 version with a broken su. su - gives a bus error. When i throw away usr/obj and usr/src, cvsup all possible things, and do a make build world, the machine works for a day or so and then stops. First I had with the following messages:

crunchgen: make error: cd: can't cd to /usr/obj/usr/src/rescue/rescue/../../contrib/tcsh/nls/spanish

crunchgen: make error: cd: can't cd to /usr/obj/usr/src/rescue/rescue/../../contrib/tcsh/nls/ukrainian

Run "make -f rescue.mk" to build crunched binary.
*** Error code 1

Some other languages preceding and some levels of nested makes following. I did a cvsup again and now it fails with this:

echo progs tar >>rescue.conf
echo special tar srcdir /usr/src/rescue/rescue/../../gnu/usr.bin/tar >>rescue.conf
MAKEFLAGS= MAKEOBJDIRPREFIX=/usr/obj/usr/src/rescue/rescue crunchgen -q -m rescue.mk -c rescue.c rescue.conf
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src/rescue/rescue.
*** Error code 1

It seems to me that I am forgetting something essential for doing a makeworld. I cannot think of what it might be.

Any help?

D.A.A.N.