Tim Traver wrote:
Ok, I am running a 4.7 FreeBSD box that is a web server running apache.

It looks like some module that I have is leaking memory, and eventually, apache crashes on restarts becuase of this error :

shmget() failed: No space left on device

which means it can't get any more memory, which I understand.

SysV shared memory is a limited resource which has tunables you need to set or adjust in your kernel config file. It's not the same as physical RAM.

When I look at the top list, it shows me something like this :

Mem: 140M Active, 879M Inact, 151M Wired, 181M Cache, 199M Buf, 660M Free

top is measuring something else, here.

--
-Chuck