On Saturday 03 April 2004 02:44 pm, Eric F Crist wrote:

> > Has anyone here tried k3b? If so, what are your impressions?
> >
> > My question is a little "after the fact", but I decided last night to try
> > it. I decided to install from the ports tree (make install), and this
> > thing has been going on like forever. Some of the stuff I've seen scroll
> > by makes me nervous - warnings that constants exceed size limits for long
> > integers, other packages being overwritten, etc.
> >
> > Am I building a hairball?
> >

> Just let it run.  It's upgrading some of your outdated ports.  Ignore those
> warnings.  If it's something serious, it will stop the installation.

Ouch! It finally did stop - there were error messages with details &
suggestions to mail files developers/maintainers, etc - all of which I
ignored :(

I decided I could clean this up by doing an "update" (via CVSup), followed by
an "upgrade" (via portupgrade). So here's what I did:

# cvsup -g -L 2 /root/ports-supfile

 -- which completely successfully, followed by:

# portupgrade -a

 -- which ended badly... a long list of packages (approx 140) that did not
install due to * (skipped) or ! (failed). Some of them look pretty important:
! sysutils/cdrtools (cdrtools-2.0.3)    (unknown build error)
* devel/ORBit2 (ORBit2-2.8.2)
etc, etc.

Looking at the terminal log, it appears that the wheels came off because this
port couldn't be fetched:

docbook-xsl-1.62.4

What should my next move be?

THanks,