My make.conf file contains the line:

MASTER_SITE_OVERRIDE=ftp://ftp.uk.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/distfiles

Someone gave me this line months ago when I asked how to instruct make to request files from local FTP servers (rather than dumping all requests on the master server).

However, I can not find a description for this line in any official literature. I have checked man make.conf, and there seems to be no mention.

Where should I be looking for the definitive description of this configuration setting, or has it been removed from recent versions of FreeBSD?

--
Bob