Hello,

First of all I a very happy using FreeBSD and I have a question regarding Locking of
files over NFS.

Here is my configuration:

I have an apache server running with FreeBSD 4.8 Stable (server 1)
I have a NFS server where I put all my website files running  FreeBSD 4.8 Stable.
(server 2)

Both server are linked using Ethernet cards.

rpc.lockd is not activated: neither on server 1 nor on server 2

On server 1, I have concurrent CGI processes accessing files on server 2 using the
locking api:

 fcntl(m_hdlFile,F_SETLKW, &objLock);

to lock part of the accessed files.

Question: Despite lockd is missing, does this invokation works well i.e do we have the
expected locking behavior ?

Thanks and best regards.

Mr HERRIER.