The KDE folks nailed it, I had a "private" copy of gcc 3 compiled on the system (for eCos development) and while those tools were not in the path, ldconfig had /usr/local/gnu3/lib in the path so it was picking up libstdc++.so.5 from that directory rather than libstdc++.so.3 from the /usr/lib directory. (bogus in and of itself, since c++ should not have accepted the later version but that appears to have been the problem, my portupgrade since built qt33 and has moved on to kdelibe3.

--Chuck

At 05:40 PM 4/4/2004, Chuck McManis wrote:
Your right, 4.9 Release. Everything else is pretty generic

At 05:10 PM 4/4/2004, Kris Kennaway wrote:
On Sun, Apr 04, 2004 at 04:52:50PM -0700, Chuck McManis wrote:
> My portupgrade is failing to build qt33 with this
> /usr/libexec/elf/ld: libqt-mt.so.3.3.1: undefined versioned symbol name
> __dynamic_cast@@CXXABI_1.2
> /usr/libexec/elf/ld: failed to set dynamic section sizes: Bad value
> *** Error code 1

You forgot to give any details of your FreeBSD system.

Kris