From: Gerry Freymann [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, April 05, 2004 9:54 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: libintl.so.5 not found and general ports question

How does one find out what port you need to install in order to get

libintl.so.5  ?

I've tried searching the online archives but can't find anything relevant.
I'm trying to get apsfilter installed and it complains that libintl.so.5
can't be found. I must have had it one time because it was installed
before (then I decided to update Mozilla which has had me running in
circles for two weeks now with portupgrade).

One other question... when I do a pkg_version -v, some programs are listed
twice, like:

autoconf-2.13.000227_5              =   up-to-date with port
autoconf-2.53_1                     =   up-to-date with port

glib-1.2.10_10                      =   up-to-date with port
glib-2.2.3_1                        =   up-to-date with port

libtool-1.3.5_1                     <   needs updating (port has 1.3.5_2)
libtool-1.4.3_2                     <   needs updating (port has 1.4.3_3)

libxml-1.8.17_1                     <   needs updating (port has 1.8.17_2)
libxml2-2.6.8                       =   up-to-date with port

My "guess" is, when I first set up my FreeBSD 4.9R machine, I used
packages, and now I'm compiling ports. If you install a package and then
update it via the ports tree, doesn't it understand that it's updating a
package?

I have cvsup'd the ports tree, and I've run pkgdb -F to correct things.
Everything is running pretty good too (although I still have Mozilla).

Thanks in advance for your responses.
-gerry

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE: This electronic transmission, including all
attachments, is directed in confidence solely to the person(s) to whom it is
addressed, or an authorized recipient, and may not otherwise be distributed,
copied or disclosed. The contents of the transmission may also be subject to
intellectual property rights and all such rights are expressly claimed and
are not waived. If you have received this transmission in error, please
notify the sender immediately by return electronic transmission and then
immediately delete this transmission, including all attachments, without
copying, distributing or disclosing same.