On Mon, Apr 05, 2004 at 11:16:02PM +0300, Ion-Mihai Tetcu wrote:
> On Mon, 5 Apr 2004 12:49:15 -0700
> Gary Kline <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> [..]
>
> >     Maybe not exhaustive, but close enough.  Thanks for your help.
>
>   Glad it helped.
>
> Since it seems ;) that not all messages you receive from .ro
> addresses/ips aare spam maybe you could try to block spam more
> selectively ?
>
>  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
>  Connected to 216.231.43.140 but sender was rejected.
>  Remote host said: 550 5.0.0 Romanian spam not wanted
>
> And, btw, it's not Romanian spam; I've received this year 2 or 3 spams
> targeted at Romanian people.
>
> 62.231.74.130 (smtp.rdsnet.ro) is the smtp server of one of the major
> providers in .ro; if your complains to [EMAIL PROTECTED] don't get the
> right treatment please let me know, as I might be able to help.
>
> Not to mention that I've also tried from a few ips over which I have
> full control and I *know* not to have originating any spam.

        Please accept my apologies upfront.

        My /etc/mail/access blockage is brute-force, I admit.
        And the 550 was not directed at you any more than the
        other country-wide 550's I've got in the access file.

        If you know who *are* the major spammers in your
        national domain, please let me know so I can fine-tune
        by sendmail config.  --It's a shame that a few unethical
        people can screw up things for the rest of it....

        Here is the list I snagged from a fellow FreeBSD user.
        Not to blame him in any way since I chose to use the
        access list
        :
        193.230.240                     550 Romanian spam not wanted
        193.231.248                     550 Romanian spam not wanted
        213.233                         550 Romanian spam not wanted
        81.180.95                       550 Romanian spam not wanted
        advertiser.ro                   550 Romanian spam not wanted
        freetime.rg.ro                  550 Romanian spam not wanted
        ###ro                           550 Romanian spam not wanted

> >     I'm doing:
> >
> >     pkg_info -ga >& /tmp/missingORbad
>
> You could also use
> /usr/ports/Tools/scripts/consistency-check
> check whether all your ports are installed properly, what files have
> changed, and what new files there are.

        Another tool idea is to write a /sbin/fscklog script that
        tees theoutput of fsck to an fsck.log.`date`.  (*mumble*)
        ...Oh-well......

        gary

--
   Gary Kline     [EMAIL PROTECTED]   www.thought.org     Public service Unix