On Tue, Apr 06, 2004 at 10:23:12AM -0600, GP wrote:
> Since RPM does not come with the standard installation I downloaded it from
> your site. Unpacked it and tried to install it.
> I ran the "make" file in the RPM directory.
> Why does it have to update the entire system if you say that Makefile is not
> needed?
> Did I screw up something?

Use the ports/packages system:

    # pkg_add -r rpm

Note that FreeBSD is not Linux, and does not generally need rpm
functionality.  About the only place where it does come in is
installing Linux binaries for running under emulation.  The vast
majority of the software available won't need it.

        Cheers,

        Matthew

                                                      Savill Way

  • rpm?! GP