> > > I couldnt find stuff whether the pseudo device vn is by default in the
> > > generic kernel. I didnt find it in GENERIC, but maybe it's otherwise
> > > involved? I guess i need this device to mount a tmpfs like this in /etc
> > >
> > > /dev/amrd0s1b /var/amavis   mfs   rw,-s=65536   0   0
> > >
> > > where s1b is the swap device.
> > > Should i just put
> > > pseudo-device     vn
> > > in the kernel config file to make this work?
> >
> > You didn't say which version of FreeBSD you were using.
> > In versions  4.xxx and earlier I think this will work.
> > It is what I have done.   You should be able to find it
> > in the LINT file.
> >
> > But, starting with 5.0 I think it may have been changed.
>
> I am using 5.2.1-p4, i also didnt see this in LINT.
> Any hints?

I haven't had a chance to do anything with 5.xx yet but I understand
that vn things are done differently.  Also, LINT is being kept
differently.

So, you will need to have someone with 5.xxx experience respond.

Some 5.xxx experimentation is nearing the top of my list, but
is still behind a few things.

////jerry