* Artem Koutchine <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2004-04-08 06:44]:
> IMHO the upgrade pricedure is unstable and wrong in either case.
>
> What do you think?

I don't pretend to understand *all* of the reasoning behind the
recommended upgrade procedure.  Since I began using FreeBSD, I have
performed somewhere around 50 system upgrades on various machines, most
of them 4.x, and have upgraded 5.1->5.2 on four machines.  Of those
system upgrades, two have failed, or 'not worked.'  One of them was due
to the fact that I didn't follow the recommended procedure (admittedly,
supplemented with list wisdom), the other, because I didn't follow the
recommended procedure.

It just works.

--
Joshua

Worlds are conquered, galaxies destroyed -- but a woman is always a
woman.
                -- Kirk, "Conscience of the King", stardate unknown