Kent Stewart wrote:
On Thursday 08 April 2004 07:09 am, Remko Lodder wrote:

install kernel, reboot, make buildworld, reboot in singleusermode make installworld, mergemaster -p , reboot, mergemaster. does the same imho.

I may be confused here but if you do a buildworld after you do an install kernel, you used the old system to built the kernel. You want the new buildworld available when you do the buildkernel.

ehm minor thinking problem in my "short summary of what freebsd advices"

The Makeworld has to come first then the makebuildkernel and then reboot.

Sorry for the inconvience:-) Thanks Kent for pointing it out :-)

--

Kind regards,

Remko Lodder
Elvandar.org/DSINet.org