Just to bring you (and the -questions list) up to date re
        my 4.9-RELEASE snafu.  I did a upgrade last night.  I have
        stable-supfile pointing to RELENG_4_9.  I was trying to 
        get back to 4.9-STABLE.  No-joy.  I now have 

        FreeBSD 4.9-RELEASE-p4 #4: Thu Apr  8 19:50:47 PDT 2004.

        I don't know if this upgrade made any difference, but I
        think I fixed my partially alloc'd and otherwise bad inode
        by hand.  find / -inum [inode] -print  showed me what was
        whhere and I dealt with each one.   Bottom line is that
        fsck now runs clean; no errors.

        I think I'll hack fsck to output a -L logfile in /var/log.
        I could script it with " |& tee logfile" too.   In rare 
        cases like these, having a log of inodes could be a great
        help.

        gary



-- 
   Gary Kline     [EMAIL PROTECTED]   www.thought.org     Public service Unix

_______________________________________________
[EMAIL PROTECTED] mailing list
http://lists.freebsd.org/mailman/listinfo/freebsd-questions
To unsubscribe, send any mail to "[EMAIL PROTECTED]"

Reply via email to