On Sunday 11 April 2004 00:32, Colin J. Raven wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> My question may not be specific to FreeBSD, but can anyone tell me how to
> change the default font size on a console (directly connected monitor)
> session when there is no X running?
>
> I'm used to accessing BSD boxes remotely via Putty, but now I have one at
> home plus a decent size monitor, and the text size is just overwhelming.
> Since you can't page up/down in a console session, it's proving to be
> somewhat of a problem.

It is not too clear what you want.
Do you wish to change the font, screen lines etc  through a Putty console;
or on a console displaying on the BSD machine.

In the latter case use vidcontrol -- see the man page. To get much flexibility
you'll need to load the vesa.ko kernel module.

As for scrolling; this is turned on and off by the scroll-lock key.

Malcolm