On Sat, 10 Apr 2004, Rob wrote:

> I have a freebsd box that was configured by Interland. They offer no support
> on sendmail configuration and I would like to add some of the dnsbl lists to
> stop some of the spam received by the server.

The FreeBSD /etc/mail/Makefile makes this pretty easy.

Edit the /etc/mail/hostname.mc file.  If you don't have one, I think the
first make will create it.  Add this type of line for the DNSBLs you
want to use (warning: one long line):

FEATURE(`dnsbl', `list.dsbl.org', `"554 Mail from " $&{client_addr} " rejected, site
listed on http://www.dsbl.org";')

Important note: please don't use any DNSBL without at least reading
their policies.  Misunderstanding are way too easy to make.

Then do a 'make all install restart' and it's done.