On Sun, Apr 11, 2004 at 07:58:15AM -0700, Gary W. Swearingen wrote:
> "Paul A. Hoadley" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> > Maybe some more specifics would be helpful.  The application is a
> > web application.  It may or may not end up open source, but it
> > will be for sale, and I don't want it to inherit a restrictive
> > license.
>
> Even BSD licenses are restrictive,

By restrictive, I mean a license that forces itself onto other code,
whether by way of the other code being a derivative work, using the
licensed code, or just sitting on the same distribution medium.

The main issue here is simply that I don't _necessarily_ want to
distribute source code to the application.  (Of course, if the code
remains largely PHP, I'll essentially be doing that anyway.)  I don't
want the decision to be pre-made just by interacting with other
software.

--
Paul.

mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]