Hello,

        it would be nice, if you could paste here your dmesg output..
But looks like your mainboard is from the same supplier like mine k7s5al
(ECS Group), so i think all you need is to add device pcm to your kernel
configuration.

STEP BY STEP GUIDE:

1. cd to /usr/src/sys/i386/conf
2. copy GENERIC file to MYKERNEL (give it any name you like)
3. edit it (don't remove anything unless you know what you're doing), just
add there line:

device pcm

You will tweak your kernel later, good start for information is handbook and
its kernel part at
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/kernelconfig.html.

4. cd to /usr/src
5. type: make buildkernel KERNCONF=MYKERNEL (or any name you gave it)
6. if all is okay, type: make installkernel KERNCONF=MYKERNEL
7. reboot

After this you should see in your dmesg lines like:

pcm0: <SiS 7012> port 0xd800-0xd83f,0xdc00-0xdcff irq 11 at device 2.7 on pci0
pcm0: <Realtek ALC100 AC97 Codec>

        Cheers,

        Martin

Martin Hudec            | corwin at aeternal.net