RazorOnFreeBSD wrote:

----- Original Message ----- From: "Kevin D. Kinsey, DaleCo, S.P." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "RazorOnFreeBSD" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, April 13, 2004 4:19 AM
Subject: Re: ssh Connection refused

Thanks for the ps / grep information.
In my rc.conf file, I already set the firewall type on "OPEN", so the "ipfw
show" outputs are (with rl0 = OIF and dc0 = IIF) :

<snip>

here are samples of "netstat -anf inet" outputs :

<snip>

Do you think the sshd daemon could be altered itself .... I mean could have
a behaviour it isn't suppose to have because of the forced shutdown ???

Thanks

razor.

I guess anything is somewhat possible. I'm just looking for the most likely stuff first ...

Can you "ssh [EMAIL PROTECTED]" ?

What about tcpwrappers? What is in /etc/hosts.allow?

Tried rebooting or HUPing the daemon?

#/bin/kill -HUP 93

(or whatever the current PID is for /usr/sbin/sshd)

Kevin Kinsey