On Tuesday 13 April 2004 01:37 pm, davjos wrote:
> Hi, I expect this is a question you get asked a lot these days, but
> in the light of SCO claims to ownership of Unix copyright and their
> legal action against IBM etc. What is the copyright/legal position
> with respect to FreeBSD?

I would like to see them start to deal with FreeBSD. The original
agreement, as I recall, had the BSD group removing Bell Labs
enhancements from BSD's version of Unix and let BL keep the BSD
enhancements in BL Unix. My experient is that BL Unix made Unix
functional but it was the BSD enhancements that made is usable. Let SCO
remove the BSD enhancements and see what they have left :).

Kent

--
Kent Stewart
Richland, WA