Hello All,

How can I change the default telnet timeout value when connecting to remote hosts?

For example:

# time telnet -N 1.2.3.4
Trying 1.2.3.4...
telnet: connect to address 1.2.3.4: Operation timed out
telnet: Unable to connect to remote host
0.000u 0.008s 1:15.01 0.0%      0+0k 1+0io 6pf+0w

The timeout seems to be 75 sec, how can we make this 15 or 30 seconds? I have been
searching
google to no avail but did get hints that this might be a TCP default of somekind.

If anyone has any idea please do e-mail back but include my in the reply as I'm not
yet subscribed
to the list.

Thanks,

Holt G.