Hello,
    Sorry if this is a repost, but i am having some email difficulties. I am
getting a startup error message: "Can not find the ftp account" when
atempting to start pure-ftpd. I'm using this on a 5.x machine, and i've
created a pure-ftpd user, but i don't see a facility to specify user and
group the server should run as.
    I've got a diff of changes i made to the pure-ftpd.conf file which i
copied from pure-ftpd.conf.sample and would appreciate any suggestions.
Thanks.
Dave.

My diff command was:
diff pure-ftpd.conf pure-ftpd.conf.sample >pureftpd
which is here
65c65
< DisplayDotFiles             no
---
> DisplayDotFiles             yes
104c104
< MaxIdleTime                 5
---
> MaxIdleTime                 15
126c126
<  PureDB                        /usr/local/etc/pureftpd.pdb
---
> # PureDB                        /etc/pureftpd.pdb
180c180
<  PassivePortRange          30000 50000
---
> # PassivePortRange          30000 50000
214c214
<  Bind                      127.0.0.1,21
---
> # Bind                      127.0.0.1,21
227c227
<  UserBandwidth             8
---
> # UserBandwidth             8
324c324
< NoChmod                     yes
---
> #NoChmod                     yes
336c336
< CreateHomeDir               yes
---
> #CreateHomeDir               yes
351c351
< PIDFile                     /var/run/pure-ftpd.pid
---
> #PIDFile                     /var/run/pure-ftpd.pid
429c429
<  IPV4Only                 yes
---