Dear all,

Having looked at the mind-boggling amount of configuration information
that is in the Handbook, I decided to just install CUPS. I'm very familiar
with CUPS, having configured it many times in Linux.

So I installed the CUPS daemon, and started it by going to
/usr/local/etc/rc.d/ and renaming the sample file to cups.sh. I even did a
"./cups.sh start" and that worked - that is, my printer reacted by moving
the print head, and I could fire up Mozilla and type
"http://localhost:631"; and then reach the CUPS configuration page. My
printer is an Epson 24-pin dot-matrix onf /dev/lpt0 - there is a driver
for that, so no problem. So that should be enough to make it work - at
least that would do the job under Linux. But attempting to print a test
page gives me nothing.

The Handbook says almost zilch about CUPS other than suggesting that one
should look at cups.org for advice. Of course, cups.org has little to say
about BSD.

So I'm wondering what I did wrong? Any help is appreciated.

best regards,
Robert