Yesterday I installed, from pkg_add, mysql/php/apache and apache and php work fine, mysql did not create the /tmp/mysql.sock file. I have searched the drive looking for it in another location but it does not exist anywhere. I then created a file in /tmp called mysql.sock but mysql still gives the same error -[error 2002] cannot connect to local mysql server through /tmp/mysql.sock (2).
I read the section in the mysql manual about the socket but don't see anything about creating this file.
How do I fix this?
Thanks,
Chip