On Sun, 18 Apr 2004, Rob wrote:

> When I read about problems with early adoption of 5.X, I mainly
> encounter risks related to extremely large RAM, multi processors,
> or very new hardware.
>
> My simple and old Pentium-1 PC may therefore a very low risk system for
> installing 5-Current. Is that right? Or am making a big mistake here?
Hi!

Well, -current is always bleeding edge, and even on "standard" hardware
it might produce weird results.

OTOH, I have a 233MHZ Pentium-MMX (Socket7)-dual CPU as Workstation
here, with
5.2.1-R, and its running fine for everydays application.

The critical issue here is RAM, I have 128MB in it, and well, its enough
to have firefox running, but in most cases, I only need some xterms...

So I would say, that your hardware (given that there are more than 16MB
RAM in there) will run fine.

HTH
Olaf
--
Olaf Hoyer        [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Fuerchterliche Erlebniss geben zu raten,