Hi -

My server was running FreeBSD 4.2. It was down one morning last week while I was busy
at filing tax
return. It won't reboot up any more and gives me the attached messages repeatedly. I
am not sure if
it was a hard disk failure or the kernel file corrupted. If any of you experienced the
computer
trouble/problem or know how to fix it please share it with me. I do need to recover my
files from
the server if possible. I appreciate your help very much. Any ideas/input are welcome.

Here is the message when I turn on the computer after Memory test is ok:

    Verifying DMI Pool Data ....

    F1    FreeBSD

    Default: F1
    Invalid slice
    Invalid slice
    No /boot/loader

    >> FreeBSD/i386 Boot
    Default:0:ad(0,a)/kernel
    Boot:
    Invalid slice
    No /kernel

    >> FreeBSD/i386 Boot
    Default:0:ad(0,a)/kernel
    Boot:

It stopped here forever, but I could hear 5-6 relay clicking sound inside the computer
box.

Thanks a lot.

--
Ming Tang