hal wrote:

A coworker is bumping up against the one terabyte
file system size limit of Redhat Linux.  He needs
more space.  Can FreeBSD help?  Where would I look
for info?

hal

This gets asked periodically, but AFAIK isn't
documented as a FAQ.  Furthermore, the best
I can suggest is that you try freebsd-fs list,
maybe.

Several sources claim that there is a one
terabyte "soft" limit, but that with modifications
to the default setup you can quadruple that or
even more.

And, of course, now we have ufs2 ...

Personally, I hope to never have to back up
that much information [unless maybe I'm paid
by the byte?]  ;-)

Kevin Kinsey
DaleCo, S.P.