Hi guys,

I got some questions about ports. Say If I have 2 identical machines. 1 machine running FreeBSD-4.8 and the other is running FreeBSD-5.2.1. I run cvsup on both machines using the default ports supfile given in /usr/share/examples/cvsup/ports-supfile which points to the same cvsup mirror. Will I then get the same ports on both of the machines? Are there newer aplications that cannot run on the 4.8 machine? And if I do get the same ports, can I build it as a package on 1 machine and then install it on the other? Thx guys =) any pointers and replies are reatly appreciated =) Thx heaps in advance =)

Regards,

Andri