lists wrote:

David Bear wrote:

i did a quick search of the web site and there was mention of using
vmware to launch other os's from bsd, but is anyone using some other
os to host vmware and then launch freebsd?

separate question.. didn't know how to phrase search for this. ARe there any self contained freebsd cd's. Something like knoppix which launches and loads a complete working freebsd from cdrom?

Hiya David,

I ran VMWare 2 from Win2000 w/ FreeBSD 4.2 (yeah, this was a while ago). The only problem I ran into was the editor I was using was not releasing the perl scripts for 10 to 15 seconds after saving .. it had a known bug :(.

I'm pretty sure I had apache, mod_perl, mysql and various other things running.

Thanatos

I guess I should have specified that I was running the editor fromWindows and mounting FreeBSD using Samba.

Thanatos