Joe Rhett wrote:

On Fri, Apr 23, 2004 at 04:47:01PM -0400, Charles Swiger wrote:

I'll make a try at answering the issues you raise, but the best way of handling missing documentation is to submit PR's which update the manpages or the Handbook with something better.

When I know what something better is, sure...

http://www.over-yonder.net/~fullermd/rants/bsd4linux/bsd4linux1.php

</evilgrin>

It certainly seems as if you brought a lot of pre-conceived ideas to
the desk, which may have been good in some other context, but
simply are not the same ideas that *BSD has its roots in.

The docs are a complete and highly distilled overview of the entire
OS; I don't think that it was intended as a simple "how to" type
affair.  I'm not saying that you didn't read them, perhaps in near
entirety, but from this end it *sounds* as if you expected automagic
config wizards and eye-candy help menus from an OS that simply
has a different philosophy.

Kevin Kinsey
DaleCo, S.P.