On Sun, 25 Apr 2004 21:37:36 +0800 (CST), Stephen Liu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I'm expecting a reply from Joshua or other folks to my
posting whether I can stop running 'make clean' the
ports trees in the mid-way.  In doing so it won't
damage the OS.  After clarification I shall install
'automake' first. then install/upgrade to
'ORBit-0.5.17_2' and then install OOo 1.1.1

You should be able to stop the 'make clean' with no ill effects. If you =really= want to clean your whole ports tree, run:

make -DNOCLEANDEPENDS clean

in the /usr/ports directory. It should go about a thousand times faster.

--
Danny