> In the chapter "9.3 Building and installing a custom kernel" of the
> freebsd handbook it's written that MYKERNEL is an example but I don't
> know how I can find that.
> In fact I don't know what MYKERNEL represents.

MYKERNEL is just an example of a renamed/modified GENERIC kernel. That
wants to say that if you want to make some modifications to the generic
kernel, don't work on the provided generic configuration file, but on
yours: name it MYKERNEL, the hostname of your host or whatever you want
since it differs from GENERIC.

--
-jpeg.