"Jeremy Saville" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> I'm installing freebsd on a i386 machine, using the iso image off
> linuxiso.org
>
> Once I configure my mouse and keyboard (ps/2 mouse, microsoft natural
> keyboard) the text goes completely wonky. Huge gaps between lettering and I
> cannot read any of the instructions beyond that point.
>
> Please can you point me in the direction of the relevant FAQ.

Pretty short on details here, but I'll take a shot.

I haven't done an install in quite a while, but I don't remember any
configuration for mouse or keyboard in the base install.  Are you
trying to configure the X Window System at that point?

Did you try just not configuring the mouse or keyboard and seeing what
happens?