Problem description: My ipfilter log is rotated using
newsyslog.conf. The file is rotated on file size option. I have
custom script that reads the log and builds email containing list of
abusive source IP address. This custom script is included in the
daily management report process. Problem is that on days that there
is a lot of blocked traffic the log may rotate multiple times and my
daily management report script only runs against the current active
log.

Is their some way to keep the log defined in newsyslog.conf without
any rotate option and add something to my custom script to tell
newsyslog to rotate the log after the script has processed the
current active log file?