Hi Joseph,

sorry for my wrong assumption concerning your version of FreeBSD...

The handbook states the following:

"Note: In FreeBSD 5.X and above the LINT is non-existent.
See the NOTES file for architecture dependent options.
Some options, mainly architecture independent ones,
are stored in the /usr/src/sys/conf/NOTES file.
It is advisable to review the options in here also."

This is another reason for me to stick to 4.X for now...

Mit freundlichen Gruessen / with kind regards

+++ S t e p h a n   F.   Y a r a g h c h i
+++
+++ Information Technology
+++
+++ Boerse Berlin-Bremen