Mark Jayson Alvarez wrote:
Sir, I've post something about my internal modem and
unfortunately you've replied that there could be no
possible solution in using a winmodem except if you
are expert in either linux or freebsd. My question is, if ever I will buy an external
modem and to be sure that I will not waste my money
for the second time(buying a winmodem), wich of the
two should I pick, the USB one, or the one that is
connected to serial port(com port)?

Get the COM port one. For me I prefer something with a Conexant chipset. Has worked well for me throughout the years. Some USB ones are Winmodems.

--

cheers,

Paul Tan
[EMAIL PROTECTED]