Bart Silverstrim wrote:

On May 7, 2004, at 1:40 PM, Mark Ovens wrote:

J. W. Ballantine wrote:
It a Dell, but given the configuration, i do not believe it came
pre-installed from the factory.

I would have thought that a Dell would have had *an* OS pre-installed.

Not always. I am running FBSD 4.9 on a couple Dell 2650's ordered just for the purpose of installing FreeBSD on them for some of our server use...you can specify *no operating system* and they ship you the system and rails with nothing but the hard drives configured for RAID on the PERC controller. No fuss, no muss :-)

That's good to know :-) Does it only apply to servers, or can you get desktop machines /sans/ OS?

Regards,

Mark

.