At 01:37 AM 5/3/2004, Joe Rhett wrote:
On Thu, Apr 29, 2004 at 02:20:14PM -0400, Marty Landman wrote:
> On the side, this makes me wonder what the philosophy is on Windows servers
> where the whole permissions concept is nonexistent afaik.

Because suexec isn't really possible in that environment, so they have no
options at all.

Maybe this is a foolish question, but how can reasonable security on a server running Windows/Apache be achieved? If the answer is what I fear, do you think that the 'native' MS server, IIS can be configured more securely than Apache?

Looking at it in another way, is it possible to have a secure, network accessible server of any type w/o the Unix style permissions concept in place?

Marty Landman Face 2 Interface Inc. 845-679-9387 Web Installed Formmailer: http://face2interface.com/Products/Formal.shtml FormATable DB: http://face2interface.com/Products/FormATable.shtml Make a Website: http://face2interface.com/Home/Demo.shtml