Well, I cannot find my controller on either list (it is not like I haven't looked before), but 5.2.1 can definately use it (although there are other problems there) so a fitting driver is definately existing .. just is it in any 4.x release or just 5.x? If it only in the "new technology" releases, is there a way to get a 4.x release to work with it?

Am Tue, 04 May 2004 01:13:18 -0700 hat Benjamin P. Keating <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> geschrieben:

hi2u

4.9
http://www.freebsd.org/releases/4.9R/hardware-i386.html#AEN33

5.2.1
http://www.freebsd.org/releases/5.2.1R/hardware-i386.html#AEN65

kbye.

Florian wrote:

Hi!

On advice, I downloaded FreeBSD 4.10 RC2 (because 5.2.1 would not work) but can't install it because the installer does not find my HDD which is a 120gb Seagate drive on an on-board Silicon Image SiI 3112 SATARaid Controller.
Is SATA support not yet implemented in RC2 but in the 4.9? Or is SATA only supported in 5.x?
What can I do?

Thanks in advance
- Florian