twig les wrote:

and that works fine. When I do "ps auwx | grep dhcpd", I get:

root 213 [...] /usr/local/sbin/dhcpd rl1 -cf /usr/local/etc/dhcpd.conf

Yes I get that output from ps also, but the question is what do you get from netstat -an? I tried your syntax, got the same output as you in ps, but netstat still shows the daemon listening on *.67. Not kosher.

I get same, I see. You would prefer it listens only to the IP address of your rl1 interface, right? F.ex. if that interface is 10.0.0.1, then 'netstat -an' should become something like:

udp4 0 0 10.0.0.1.67 *.*

Is that what you mean?

Maybe you should discuss this issue on the isc-dhcp-server mailing list,
since there you'll find the people who know about these details, I think.

Cheers,
Rob.