If your winmodem uses Lucent chips the ltmdm port may work for you.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Ben Timby
Sent: Thursday, May 06, 2004 11:48 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: winmodem

Hello list!

I have an internal winmodem in my laptop, it is a smartlink modem,
and
currently works with the linux driver sources provided at
smlink.com. I
would like to run FreeBSD on my laptop, but I am unsure how to get
this
winmodem working. One possibility I thought of is to use the new
NDIS
wrapper in 5.2-CURRENT with the windows drivers. I only find
examples of
using this with WiFi cards, how can I find out if the windows
drivers
for my modem use NDIS, and whether or not this is possible? Is there
another way to make this thing work?

Thanks.