On Fri, 14 May 2004 17:43:31 -0400
Charles Swiger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On May 14, 2004, at 11:34 AM, Vulpes Velox wrote:
> > How do I get sendmail to work on the lan?
>
> The easiest way to get sendmail to work properly on your LAN is to
> configure DNS for the local machines.
>
> It's also possible to configure sendmail with the nocanonify FEATURE
>
> and configure mail routing directly (using raw IP addresses within a
>
> mailertaible, ie [1.2.3.4]).

What I did was to add a entry to the host file on my dns server/cache
on my gateway... v42.<gateway hostname>

I no longer get the error. I now get one about unusual system
events..

May 14 13:31:21 v42 sm-mta[826]: i4EIVLJS000826:
from=<[EMAIL PROTECTED]<gateway hostname>>, size=2010,
class=0, nrcpts=1,
msgid=<[EMAIL PROTECTED]<gateway hostname>>,
proto=ESMTP, daemon=MTA, relay=localhost. [127.0.0.1]

The topic and from and to are...