On Sat, May 15, 2004 at 03:26:28PM +0800, Stephen Liu wrote:

> FreeBSD 5.2
>
> What command will be used to display the complete
> history of the hard drvice (other than fdisk) listing
> all partitions, their allocated space, used space,
> available space, date of creation, etc.

I don't think that there is a single command that will get you all
that.  There are quite a few commands that will get you bits of that:
fdisk(8), bsdlabel(8), fsinfo(8), df(1) although I don't think that
all of the dates you want to see are stored anywhere.  The Unix way of
dealing with this sort of thing is to write a script wrapping together
all of those tools and massaging the output into whatever form you
want.  Which does presuppose some reasonable facility with shell
programming.

        Cheers,

        Matthew

                                                      Savill Way