Gary Kline wrote:
On Fri, May 14, 2004 at 10:00:58PM -0400, Chuck Swiger wrote:
According to the RFCs, one MUST NOT bounce mail sent to postmaster.
One ought to read the rfc-ignorant.org site I mentioned.

[ ... ]
Well, bit again. The line in my access file was

        206.46                          550 Verizon email not wanted here

that I've commented out. This isn't the first time I've had to fine tune; it probably won't be the last. Apologies!

Consider using FEATURE(`delay_checks', `friend') and add the following to the access map:

Spam:abuse@             FRIEND
Spam:postmaster@        FRIEND

[ Pre 8.12 versions of sendmail use To: instead ]

...which will allow you to block mail as you please using IP or other reject rules, yet not prevent delivery of mail to postmaster and abuse...

--
-Chuck