How can I copy a group of files to a different name. I want to copy all files starting with 'bacula*' to 'bacula*.old'. So I have these four files:

blacklamb# ll bac*
-r--r--r--  1 root  wheel   949 Apr 22 09:13 bacula-barcodes
-rw-r-----  1 root  wheel  5792 May 17 16:52 bacula-dir.conf
-rw-r-----  1 root  wheel   763 Apr 22 09:13 bacula-fd.conf
-rw-r-----  1 root  wheel  1909 May 17 16:31 bacula-sd.conf

I want to have copies of these files with '.old' appended to their names. I've tried 'cp -pv bac* bac*.old' but cp complains. Because it's only 4 files, I'll do each one independently but I'd like to know how to do this "right" for future reference.

Thanks,

Drew

--
Visit The Alchemist's Warehouse