Hi,
I'm having an issue installing Perl from ports (both
5.6 and 5.8 - same issue).  It seems like something is
passing unknown flags to the "Configure" script used
to configure the perl build:

===>  Configuring for perl-5.6.1_15
Configure: unknown option
--localstatedir=/usr/local/share/gnome
Configure: unknown option
--datadir=/usr/local/share/gnome
Configure: unknown option
--with-html-dir=/usr/local/share/doc
Configure: unknown option --disable-gtk-doc
Configure: unknown option
--with-gconf-source=xml::/usr/local/etc/gconf/gconf.xml.defaults
Usage: Configure [-dehrsEKOSV] [-f config.sh] [-D
symbol] [-D symbol=value]

** -- snip Configure usage -- **
===>  Script "Configure" failed unexpectedly.

This is on FreeBSD 5.2.1-RELEASE-p4, freshly cvsup'd

I encountered this while trying to figure out why
`portsdb -Uu` was failing to update the index, which
is another issue, I think.  Upon trying to update the
index, it would coredump towards the very end.  I then
ran `pkgdb -fu`, and then got a generic "failed to
generate INDEX!" error, and tty1 shows a bunch of "out
of swap" messages.

Any ideas on either/both of these issues (Perl's build
failure and my inability to generate an updated

Thanks in advance.

=====
--
Joshua Beard