On Wed, May 19, 2004 at 10:23:24 EDT, Mark Teel scribbled these
curious markings:
> On a fresh install of FreeBSD 5.2, after I add a user via kuser, when I
> logout I cannot log back in!
> I get a message stating that the "accound" has expired, even for the
> root user.

Looks like you got bitten by a bug in KUser that was shipped with
FreeBSD 5.2. This has been fixed in the latest version.

As a fix, try booting into single user mode, mounting your filesystems
(it's important to mount them rw), and then fixing your passwd database
with vipw.

Regardless of whether that fixes things or not, it's a very good idea to
update KDE to the latest version (or just use the robust user and group
administration tools that have shipped with FreeBSD and that have worked
for years).

pejorative meaning "stupid and unsophisticated".  -- Ken Thompson
-
-
Please CC me in all replies, even if I'm on the relevant list(s).