On May 23, 2004, at 8:04 PM, Andri Kok wrote:

Hi Bart,

Thx for the reply. The problem that I had from windows was "connection timeout". When I try to ssh to my BSD box, it prompts the login name, than it hangs till it finally get connection time out. The same goes with ftp and telnet.

There is a prompt that you enter a username to, then it just hangs instead of giving a password prompt? Most definitely odd...

Regarding the error logs, which ones should i check? he path would be nice =) And thx for your suggestion, I'll try to do that as soon as I have time (still got assignments to do ;) thx again -)

error logs should all be in the directory /var/log. Try a connection, and once it errors out, do a tail on any files that have their timestamps updated indicating that they were just written to at the time of your connection attempt...they might have info that could be of help.

-Bart